dinsdag 20 april 2010

Be Someone - New song

Last night I had the opportunity to attend the free Origins Rock Concert in New York City at Webster Hall. Jon was one of the 3 artists performing. His guitarist Dylan Williams and drummer Chad Kinner tagged along. Luke was M.I.A.

He performed after Ryan Star to an underwhelming/poor crowd (that's how I saw it). It seemed like a Ryan Star and Macy Gray audience in attendance.

His setlist:

Industry

Beating My Heart

Why I'm Talking to You (with crowd participation)

New York State of Mind (Billy Joel cover) > Untitled New Song

Be Someone (new song)

Beautiful DIsaster

When I heard him say he was going to sing a new song, I immediately pressed the record button on my camera -- no video, just audio. I was too nervous to hold up my camera. Based on previous recording experience, I've always had bad luck by being told no video recording was allowed.

Here it is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uyvt0o


The song is great, love the melody. The album version should be just as great. Jon said the new album is coming out soon after he's done recording it (which he should be doing any week now).


A few pictures from my Facebook:










Enjoy!


-Miguel

Geen opmerkingen: